Jesus was so exhausted that the soldiers, afraid of being deprived of the ‘joy’ of crucifying the man from Nazareth, forced an African from Cyrene, to help Jesus carry his cross. He reluctantly did so; reluctantly, because he did not know Jesus; as far as he knew, he could have been a murderer, but God soon gave him the grace, by just one grateful look from Jesus, to know that he was a good man.
How many times have I been reluctant to help someone in need’? ‘sorry, I’ve got too much to do, I’ve no time now!’ How many times have I refused to help someone in need? What can I do about it?
How many times have I walked away from someone needing help’? ‘I just can’t be bothered, it’s too much trouble, I just don’t want to get involved!
Each time I have done such, I have refused to help Jesus for ‘whatever you do, or don’t do, to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me’.
O Lord whenever I see someone in need of help, let this station give me the grace to do all I can to help them, however reluctant I may feel.
Dying you destroyed our death
Rising you restored our life
Lord Jesus come in glory
- THE FIRST STATION: JESUS IS CONDEMNED TO DEATH
- THE SECOND STATION: JESUS RECEIVES HIS CROSS
- THE THIRD STATION: JESUS FALLS FOR THE FIRST TIME
- THE FOURTH STATION: JESUS MEETS HIS BLESSED MOTHER
- THE FIFTH STATION: SIMON HELPS JESUS TO CARRY HIS CROSS
- THE SIXTH STATION: VERONICA WIPES THE FACE OF JESUS
- THE SEVENTH STATION: JESUS FALLS THE SECOND TIME
- THE EIGHTH STATION: JESUS MEETS THE WOMEN OF JERUSALEM
- THE NINTH STATION: JESUS FALLS A THIRD TIME
- THE TENTH STATION: JESUS IS STRIPPED OF HIS GARMENTS
- THE ELEVENTH STATION: JESUS IS NAILED TO THE CROSS
- THE TWELFTH STATION: JESUS DIES ON THE CROSS
- THE THIRTEENTH STATION: JESUS IS LAID IN HIS MOTHER’S ARMS
- THE FOURTEENTH STATION: JESUS IS LAID IN THE TOMB