The high priests have got their way; evil seems to have overcome good. Satan thinks he has won, but it is all in God’s plan for the redemption of mankind!
But what were the thoughts of Jesus at this time? He was facing the instrument on which he was to die; he was fearful – ‘O God, let this chalice pass from me’; then he sees the names of all mankind on the cross and all the sins each one has committed and he knows he has to take them all upon himself so that mankind may be redeemed.
He is indeed fearful. But his love for us overcomes his fear and so he adds ‘not my will but thy will be done.’
My name is on that cross Lord and under my name are all the sins I have committed. How much heavier is your cross because of me’? O Lord, forgive me for the wrongs I have done and help me when temptation comes to think, ‘am I to add to that already long list of sins under my name? May your grace permit me to overcome all temptations.
Dying you destroyed our death
Rising you restored our life
Lord Jesus come in glory
- THE FIRST STATION: JESUS IS CONDEMNED TO DEATH
- THE SECOND STATION: JESUS RECEIVES HIS CROSS
- THE THIRD STATION: JESUS FALLS FOR THE FIRST TIME
- THE FOURTH STATION: JESUS MEETS HIS BLESSED MOTHER
- THE FIFTH STATION: SIMON HELPS JESUS TO CARRY HIS CROSS
- THE SIXTH STATION: VERONICA WIPES THE FACE OF JESUS
- THE SEVENTH STATION: JESUS FALLS THE SECOND TIME
- THE EIGHTH STATION: JESUS MEETS THE WOMEN OF JERUSALEM
- THE NINTH STATION: JESUS FALLS A THIRD TIME
- THE TENTH STATION: JESUS IS STRIPPED OF HIS GARMENTS
- THE ELEVENTH STATION: JESUS IS NAILED TO THE CROSS
- THE TWELFTH STATION: JESUS DIES ON THE CROSS
- THE THIRTEENTH STATION: JESUS IS LAID IN HIS MOTHER’S ARMS
- THE FOURTEENTH STATION: JESUS IS LAID IN THE TOMB