Jesus is flung on to the cross, the moment of truth has arrived, the first nail is pressed into his flesh and then, with one foul stroke, it passes through his wrist into the wood. The pain is so intense that many, mercifully, faint; but not Jesus, he has to endure it all.
The second nail is pressed into his flesh, this time he knows what is to come and he braces himself, the pain seems even worse! But it must be so – ‘they pierced my hands and feet; they have numbered all my bones’.
O Jesus, what can I say but sorry! Sorry I have caused you so much pain. I did not know how much you loved me, I am sure that, if I did, I would never have offended you! Yet how many times have I offended others that love me? When in anger I have said and done so many hurtful things, things, which later on, I have regretted!
O Jesus, by this station, grant me the grace never to offend you again and even when angry, to think, before I say or do anything which I know will hurt others who love me!
Dying you destroyed our death
Rising you restored our life
Lord Jesus come in glory
- THE FIRST STATION: JESUS IS CONDEMNED TO DEATH
- THE SECOND STATION: JESUS RECEIVES HIS CROSS
- THE THIRD STATION: JESUS FALLS FOR THE FIRST TIME
- THE FOURTH STATION: JESUS MEETS HIS BLESSED MOTHER
- THE FIFTH STATION: SIMON HELPS JESUS TO CARRY HIS CROSS
- THE SIXTH STATION: VERONICA WIPES THE FACE OF JESUS
- THE SEVENTH STATION: JESUS FALLS THE SECOND TIME
- THE EIGHTH STATION: JESUS MEETS THE WOMEN OF JERUSALEM
- THE NINTH STATION: JESUS FALLS A THIRD TIME
- THE TENTH STATION: JESUS IS STRIPPED OF HIS GARMENTS
- THE ELEVENTH STATION: JESUS IS NAILED TO THE CROSS
- THE TWELFTH STATION: JESUS DIES ON THE CROSS
- THE THIRTEENTH STATION: JESUS IS LAID IN HIS MOTHER’S ARMS
- THE FOURTEENTH STATION: JESUS IS LAID IN THE TOMB