Veronica was one of the women of Jerusalem who did their best to help the condemned. She was also a follower of Jesus and knew that he had done only good in his life, so she wanted to help him. But she saw the jeering crowd, the gruesome soldiers, the leering priests.
She hesitated; what would they do to her if she did help him? She was afraid, but overcoming her fear she took her headscarf off and gently wiped the face of Jesus, and was immediately rewarded with an imprint of his sacred face on her headscarf.
How many times have I been afraid of doing something good but have not done so out of fear? Fear of being laughed at, fear of being ridiculed, fear of what they will think of me.
O Lord, help me, by this station, to overcome my fear whenever I wish to do or say that which is good.
Dying you destroyed our death
Rising you restored our life
Lord Jesus come in glory
- THE FIRST STATION: JESUS IS CONDEMNED TO DEATH
- THE SECOND STATION: JESUS RECEIVES HIS CROSS
- THE THIRD STATION: JESUS FALLS FOR THE FIRST TIME
- THE FOURTH STATION: JESUS MEETS HIS BLESSED MOTHER
- THE FIFTH STATION: SIMON HELPS JESUS TO CARRY HIS CROSS
- THE SIXTH STATION: VERONICA WIPES THE FACE OF JESUS
- THE SEVENTH STATION: JESUS FALLS THE SECOND TIME
- THE EIGHTH STATION: JESUS MEETS THE WOMEN OF JERUSALEM
- THE NINTH STATION: JESUS FALLS A THIRD TIME
- THE TENTH STATION: JESUS IS STRIPPED OF HIS GARMENTS
- THE ELEVENTH STATION: JESUS IS NAILED TO THE CROSS
- THE TWELFTH STATION: JESUS DIES ON THE CROSS
- THE THIRTEENTH STATION: JESUS IS LAID IN HIS MOTHER’S ARMS
- THE FOURTEENTH STATION: JESUS IS LAID IN THE TOMB