As the soldiers drag Jesus to his feet his mother is there to help and comfort him. What did Jesus feel at this meeting? Love! Gratitude and perhaps, most of all, sorrow! Love for his mother, love which was so mutual; gratitude towards his mother, ‘at last a friendly face’.
Sorrow because he knows how much it hurts his mother seeing him in such a wretched state, ‘a worm and no man’.
But he knew she would be there, she always was when he needed her.
Of course Jesus knew she would be there for she was truly his mother, but Mary is also my mother and loves me more than I can possibly imagine! May this station ever remind me to call on Mary’s help whenever I am in need, whenever tempted to sin, whenever in sorrow, knowing that she is my mother.
Dying you destroyed our death
Rising you restored our life
Lord Jesus come in glory
- THE FIRST STATION: JESUS IS CONDEMNED TO DEATH
- THE SECOND STATION: JESUS RECEIVES HIS CROSS
- THE THIRD STATION: JESUS FALLS FOR THE FIRST TIME
- THE FOURTH STATION: JESUS MEETS HIS BLESSED MOTHER
- THE FIFTH STATION: SIMON HELPS JESUS TO CARRY HIS CROSS
- THE SIXTH STATION: VERONICA WIPES THE FACE OF JESUS
- THE SEVENTH STATION: JESUS FALLS THE SECOND TIME
- THE EIGHTH STATION: JESUS MEETS THE WOMEN OF JERUSALEM
- THE NINTH STATION: JESUS FALLS A THIRD TIME
- THE TENTH STATION: JESUS IS STRIPPED OF HIS GARMENTS
- THE ELEVENTH STATION: JESUS IS NAILED TO THE CROSS
- THE TWELFTH STATION: JESUS DIES ON THE CROSS
- THE THIRTEENTH STATION: JESUS IS LAID IN HIS MOTHER’S ARMS
- THE FOURTEENTH STATION: JESUS IS LAID IN THE TOMB