In Lent we are asked to prepare for Easter by prayer and sacrifice. If you haven’t decided yet what you will do for Lent then please consider one of the following (or more than one!).
* Give God some silent attention each day.
* Buy (£1) the ‘Walk With Me’ booklet which will help you pray and reflect each day of Lent.
* Join the Stations of the cross in Clitheroe at 7.30pm on Fridays and in Sabden at 7.30pm on Tuesdays.
* Join the Lenten Service after Mass on Thursday at 8.10pm until 9.15pm.
* Spend a little time each day reading the Bible in the quiet of your home.
* Attend daily mass. (Details weekly in the newsletter)
* Come to Exposition on Saturday mornings between 11am and 12noon.
* Pay a visit to the church which is open daily during daylight hours.
* Encourage someone who has been away from Mass to return to practice and accompany them to church.
* Recite the Rosary at home or join the weekday recitation in church at 9.30am.
* Visit someone in need of help or friendship or perhaps an elderly relative you haven’t visited for a while?
* Make up a longstanding quarrel.
* Help to clean the church on Monday mornings at 9.30.
* Give up a favourite treat like sweets, drink, watching too much TV or cigarettes.
* Keep ‘Family Fast day’ on Friday.
* Every Friday give up eating meat.
* Make a clean sweep. Go to the Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession), available Saturdays in Clitheroe from 11 to 11.45 and during the Stations of the Cross on Fridays.
* Attend the series of ecumenical Lenten talks on Saturday mornings in the Hall at 11am. (Coffee from 10.30)
* Join a Lent discussion group based on Pope Francis’ recent letter ‘The Joy of the Gospel’, Wednesdays at 7.30pm in the Hall on 17th, Feb, 2nd and 9th March
* Attend a Lenten Station Mass (see the notice board)
Wishing you a fruitful Lent,