Lent has begun but have you? Here are a few suggestions.
- Buy (£1) the ‘Walk With Me’ booklet which will help you pray and reflect on each day of Lent.
- Join the Stations of the Cross in Clitheroe at 7.30pm on Fridays and in Sabden at 7.30pm on Tuesdays.
- Spend a little time each day reading the Bible in the quiet of your home.
- Attend daily Mass. (Details weekly in the newsletter)
- Come to Exposition on Saturday mornings between 11am and 12 noon.
- Pay a visit the church which is open daily during daylight hours
- Encourage someone who has been away from Mass to return to practice and accompany them to church.
- Recite the Rosary at home or join the weekday recitation in church at 9.30am.
- Is there someone you know in need of help or friendship or maybe an elderly relative you haven’t visited for a while?
- Make up a longstanding quarrel.
- Help to clean the church on Monday mornings at 9.30.
- Give up a favourite treat like sweets, drink, watching too much TV or cigarettes.
- Keep ‘Family Fast day’ on Friday.
- Every Friday abstain from eating meat for your spiritual good and that of the planet!
- Make a clean sweep. How long is it since you made use of the Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession)? Confession is available every Saturday in Clitheroe from 11 to 11.45 and during the Stations of the Cross on Fridays.
- Attend the series of Lenten talks “The Church at the Crossroads” on Saturday mornings in the Hall at 11am. (Coffee from 10.30)
- Join with Fr Frankie on Wednesdays at 7.30 in the Hall to look at Pope Francis’ recent letter ‘The Joy of the Gospel’.
- For the first time the Deanery has organised four Lenten Station Masses. Join the first at St Mary’s Langho on Wednesday at 7.30pm.
Wishing you a fruitful Lent!