Coronavirus update – guidance from Salford Diocese
- Cease the use of shared hymn books etc
- Collect a newsletter and service sheet as you enter church and take both of these home with you
- The collection plate will not be passed around—please put your offering in the basket provided as you leave church
- If you have cold or flu symptoms please refrain from coming to church
- Suspend distribution of Communion under both kinds. The host to be given on the hand only
- Suspension of the Sign of Peace
- Holy Water stoops to be removed
- Eucharistic Ministers to sanitize their hands before distributing communion—please do this in the sacristy before Mass
- Tea and Coffee will still be served after Mass—it is up to the discretion of individual whether they partake
Hope in the Future
- Our next meeting will be in the Presbytery on Thursday 19 March at 7.30 when we will discuss ‘Living the Sunday Eucharist.’ The meetings last approximately one hour and there is much thoughtful discussion which will help our reflections in Lent.Discussion and reflection will be based on the following questions
- How do we prepare to listen to God’s Word each Sunday?
- Do we ever look at the Scripture readings in the week before Mass?
- What aids help us listen attentively? Are ‘missalettes’ a distraction?
- Is there a real atmosphere of listening in the Liturgy of the Word there a real atmosphere of listening in the Liturgy of the Word?
- How effective is the Homily in “nurturing Christian life”?
- Is the Creed a powerful proclamation of faith or just words to be recited?
- Do we have enough readers to give variety in voices?
- Would introductions to the readings help our understanding?
- Do we have cantors to sing the Psalm? If not, how can we make the Psalm a reflective prayer?
- Are our microphones and amplification system effective? Is there a working loop system?
- How could our celebration of the Liturgy of the Word give us a better awareness of the presence of Jesus?
- Who writes the intercessions? Are they prayerful and universal?
Michael Hargreaves will be leading the session and we hope that you will find time to think about the questions before the 19th.
Refreshments will be served at the start of the session!